Minimum entry requirements for NUET applicants category for all NU Schools*NUET:
Critical Thinking and Problem SolvingMinimum score in total:
130Minimum passing scores per subject:
60Minimum entry requirements for IELTS or TOEFL:
IELTS – no less than 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each sub- score) or TOEFL iBT - 79
(Reading – no less than 13, Listening – no less than 12, Speaking – no less than 18, Writing – no less than 21)
*TOEFL iBT Home Edition is not consideredNUET (Nazarbayev University Entrance Test) – test that evaluates academic training for studying at the University
- NUET is held in 2 subject sections - Mathematics and Critical Thinking & Problem Solving.
- Number of questions – 60.
- Test content – multiple-choice questions.
- Test duration – 120 minutes. Minimum passing score – 130 in total for 2 subjects, while minimum passing score for each of the subjects shall not be less than 60.
- Test results are available in 6 weeks in a Personal account.
- The number of tasks and duration of the entry examination are subject for change by Test administrators.
- Information about access to the entry examination is placed in the applicant’s Personal account.
- Applicants are informed about examination date and venue, information on format , as well as required documents and Rules of conduct during the examination via email one week prior to the exams.
- Examination schedule is published in the “Important dates” section.
- If a violation of rules or conditions of passing the test occurs, the applicant's results are cancelled. In this case, the applicant is excluded from the competition. Disqualified applicants will not be able to enroll to NU in the future.
- There is no appeal procedure.
- NUET for all applicants is free of charge.