Responsible for: All Nazarbayev University School of Mining and Geosciences staff, with the Associate Dean, Executive Director as direct reports.
Main Purpose of the Role: The Dean is the principal officer of the School of Mining and Geosciences and is responsible for the strategic leadership and executive management of the School.
2. Computer Programmer
This position is open to the computer programmers and mathematicians who are expert in computer programming and statistics. The job initiates with Research Assistant position and it is possible to switch to PhD in Mining Engineering through the same project.
- Write programs in a variety of computer languages, especially in MATLAB, Python and FORTRAN.
- Able to convert the mathematical algorithm to computer programs and codes
- Update and expand existing programs
- Debug programs by testing for and fixing errors
- Build and use computer-assisted software engineering (CASE) tools to automate the writing of some code
- Use code libraries, which are collections of independent lines of code, to simplify the writing
Skills and Qualities
- Analytical Thinking: Understand, manipulate, and repair complex computer code.
- Strong Attention to Detail: Pay attention to every line of code written. One wrong command and the entire program could malfunction.
- Collaboration: It is important they have a collaborative mindset to fix a software issue.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors in the codes and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics (applied statistics and/or global statistics) to solve problems.
- Train: Train subordinates in programming and program coding.
Knowledge and experience:
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language for communication and academic writing.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and probability, and their applications.
- Full time (#1). (according to the Nazarbayev University Regulations)
- He/she must have a Master or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related subject.
- $ 1000 per month. (Duration: subject to performance)
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org