How to apply
Admission requirements for undergraduate programs
Announcement for applicants of undergraduate programs!
We inform you that in connection with the cancellation of international standardized tests due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, the Admissions Committee of Nazarbayev University decided the following within the competition for the 2020-2021 academic year:
1) to conduct ALEKS PPL test for applicants who are not able to provide SAT/ACT certificate with a minimum passing score. Applicants of Nazarbayev University have to take ALEKS PPL test only on specified dates, which will be sent to applicants along with instructions. For further instructions and deadlines for taking ALEKS PPL test, please follow the news on the University website and check your emails.
2) to consider the results of the Duolingo English Test as an alternative for IELTS/TOEFL taken by applicants independently and submitted to the Nazarbayev University Admissions Department by May 31, 2020. For applicants of undergraduate programs the minimum score is 105. Please note that scores must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Information about Duolingo English Test:
3) to consider IB DP category applicants according to their predicted grades certified by educational institutions, with a minimum total score of at least 33 and at least 5,5,5 in three high level subjects.
*We remind you that applicants who have IELTS/TOEFL, SAT/ACT certificates meeting the minimum requirements must submit their results by April 30, 2020 by completing the following steps:
- To send electronic results via Test Center directly to Nazarbayev University;
- If you still have not completed the registration, you have to upload a scanned copy of the certificates to a personal account indicating the details of the certificates;
- If you have already completed the registration, but did not upload the scanned copy of the certificates to a personal account, you have to send them to email@example.com email address.
Applicants applying to undergraduate programs are expected to have:
- IELTS – no less than 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each sub-score) or TOEFL iBT - 79 or TOEFL PBT* - 574;
- SAT Subject Test - Math and Physics with at least 600 in each subject;
- SAT Reasoning Test with Essay 1240. Essay is required, no minimum score
- ACT - composite score not less than 27. Writing part is required, no minimum score
* Not less than 30 for total score and 4, 4, 5 for 3 subjects of High Level (IB Diploma)
* Not less than ABB in any 3 subjects (NIS Grade 12 Certificate)
Create your personal account
|“Sign up” at www.admissions.nu.edu.kz and receive access to the online Application Form under “My Application Forms” section in your personal account|
Complete your Application Form and attach required documents
Fill out your Application Form and upload documents:
1. Copy of the National ID card or passport.
2. Scanned copy of secondary school certificate (Attestat) with final academic performance or certificate from the secondary school (Spravka) with predicted/current grades according to sample in personal account
Please see the detailed information here
Pay an application fee
Application fee is paid online via your personal account with a bank card authorized for online/internet transactions.
Amount to pay is 5 000 tenge for domestic applicants and 14 000 tenge for non-citizens.
All Application Fees are non-refundable
|Further steps||Check your e-mail for notifications from the NU Admissions Department and your personal account to learn about your application status|