How to apply
How to apply
The first step on your path to postgraduate study is finding the right course or research area. You can find information about our courses and research opportunities on our website.
Applicants applying to the MSc in Mining Engineering or MSc in Petroleum Engineering program are expected to have:
- an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in mining/petroleum engineering or closely related discipline;
- a minimum CGPA of 2.75 (out of 4.0); or a minimum CGPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) for mining/petroleum professionals with at least 2 years of relevant technical experience.
- the required level of English proficiency. Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website.
Applicants applying to the MSc in Mining Engineering or MSc in Petroleum Engineering program are required to complete and submit online the application form available at the University website (admissions.nu.edu.kz) as well as a complete package of admission documents, before the deadline. Admissions documents are submitted electronically.
- Complete Application form for MSc in Mining Engineering /MSc in Petroleum Engineering program;
- Official copy of degree diplomas/certificates with transcripts (with notarized English translation);
- Official proof of work experience (with notarized English translation) (if necessary);
- IELTS or TOEFL test report/certificate valid as of date of online documents submission to the MSc in Mining Engineering /MSc in Petroleum Engineering program;
- Official copy of Passport/national ID (with notarized English translation);
- GRE test reports/certificates (OPTIONAL) valid as of date of online documents submission to the MSc in Mining Engineering /MSc in Petroleum Engineering program;
- a curriculum vitae (up to 2 pages);
- a statement of purpose for graduate studies (up to 500 words);
- two letters of recommendation
In case your application will progress to the next stage, you will be asked to provide the notarized and/or original copies of your application package to Graduate Admissions Department. Applicants who obtained their degree diplomas/certificates from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcripts be sent directly to the following address: Graduate Admissions Department, 53, Kabanbay Batyr ave., Astana 010000, Kazakhstan.
Once you have found the course or programme you are interested in, you can apply directly using the online application system.