Dr. Laurent Richard
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone : +7 (7172) 709069
- Stability of hydrocarbons at high temperatures and pressures.
- Organic carbon in metamorphic rocks.
- Abiogenic synthesis of organic compounds in mid-ocean ridge hydrothermal systems.
- Geochemistry of sulfur in petroleum systems.
- Ménez, B., Pisapia, C., Andreani, M., Jamme, F., Vanbellingen, Q.P., Brunelle, A., Richard, L., Dumas, P., Réfrégiers, M. (2018) Abiotic synthesis of amino acids in the recesses of the oceanic lithosphere. Nature 564, 59-63.
- Gérard, E., De Goeyse, S., Hugoni, M., Agogué, H., Richard, L., Milesi, V., Guyot, F., Lecourt L., Borensztajn, S., Joseph, M.-B., Leclerc, T., Sarazin, G., Jezequel, D., Leboulanger, C., Ader, M. (2018) Key role of Alphaproteobacteria and Cyanobacteria in the formation of stromatolites of Lake Dziani Dzaha (Mayotte, Western Indian Ocean). Frontiers in Microbiology 9, paper 796.
- Brosse, É., Bachaud, P., Richard, L., Michel, A., Guichet, X., Rossi, T., Blancke, R., Gaucher, É.C., Parra, T. (2017) Quantification of carbon dioxide sourced by mineral reactions in ultradeep sedimentary basins. Marine and Petroleum Geology 81, 112-133.
- Milesi, V., Guyot, F., Brunet, F., Richard, L., Recham, N., Benedetti, M., Dairou, J., Prinzhofer, A. (2015) Formation of CO2, H2 and condensed carbon from siderite dissolution in the 200-300°C range and at 50 MPa. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 154, 201-211.
- Richard, L., Uteyev, R., Peters, H. (2014) Thermodynamic description of organic/inorganic interactions in TSR reservoirs. SPE Annual Caspian Technical Conference and Exhibition, 12-14 november 2014, Astana, Kazakhstan. Publication SPE-172254-MS.
- Al-Khirbash, S., Sehmi, K., Richard, L., Nasir, S., Al-Harthy, A. (2014) Rare earth element mobility during laterization of mafic rocks of the Oman ophiolite. Arabian Journal of Geosciences 7, 5443-5454.
- Grivé, M., García, D., Domènech, C., Richard, L., Rojo, I., Martínez, X., Rovira, M. (2013) A quantitative speciation model for the adsorption of organic pollutants on activated carbon. Water Science & Technology 68, 1370-1376.
- Richard, L., Gaona, X. (2011) Thermodynamic properties of organic iodine compounds. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 75, 7304-7350.
- Helgeson, H.C., Richard, L., McKenzie, W.F., Norton, D., Schmitt, A. (2009) A chemical and thermodynamic model of oil generation in hydrocarbon source-rocks. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 73, 594-695.
- Franiatte, M., Richard, L., Elie, M., Nguyen-Trung, C., LaRowe, D.E. (2008) Hydrothermal stability of adenine under controlled fugacities of N2, CO2, and H2. Origins of Life and Evolution of Biospheres 38, 139-148.
- Richard, L., Neuville, N., Sterpenich, J., Perfetti, E., Lacharpagne, J.-Cl. (2005) Thermodynamic analysis of organic/inorganic reactions involving sulfur: Implications for the sequestration of H2S in carbonate reservoirs. Oil & Gas Science and Technology 60, 265-275.
- Richard, L. (2001) Calculation of the standard molal thermodynamic properties as a function of temperature and pressure of some geochemically important organic sulfur compounds. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 65, 3827-3877.
- Richard, L., Helgeson, H.C. (2001) Thermodynamic calculation of the distribution of organic sulfur compounds in crude oil as a function of temperature, pressure, and H2S fugacity. Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Water-Rock Interaction, pp. 333-335 (3 pages). WRI-10, 10-15 june 2001, Villasimius, Italy.
- Richard, L. (2000) Sur l´origine des ions chlorure dans les eaux salines des massifs granitiques. Comptes-Rendus de l´Académie des Sciences, Série IIa, Sciences de la Terre et des Planètes 331, 783-788.
- Richard, L., Helgeson, H.C. (1998) Calculation of the thermodynamic properties at elevated temperatures and pressures of saturated and aromatic high molecular weight solid and liquid hydrocarbons in kerogen, bitumen, petroleum, and other organic matter of biogeochemical interest. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 62, 3591-3636.
- Helgeson, H.C., Owens, C.E., Knox, A.M., Richard, L. (1998) Calculation of the standard molal thermodynamic properties of crystalline, liquid, and gas organic molecules at high temperatures and pressures. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 62, 985-1081.
- Richard, L., Helgeson, H.C. (1995) Calculation of the thermodynamic properties at elevated temperatures and pressures of high molecular weight organic compounds of geochemical interest. Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Water-Rock Interaction, pp. 263-267. WRI-8, 15-19 august 1995, Vladivostok, Russia.
Dr. Milovan Fustic
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +7 (7172) 694535
- PhD Petroleum Geology (2008), University of Calgary, Canada
- Diploma in Geology (MSc equivalent, 1993), University of Belgrade, Serbia
- 2019 to date: Associate Professor of Geology, School of Mining and Geosciences, Nazarbayev University, Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- 2013 to date: Adjunct Professor, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- 2018 - 2019: Senior Petroleum Geologist, Harvest Corporation / Korean National Oil Company, Calgary, CANADA
- 2016 - 2018: Petroleum System Analyst / Petroleum Resources Assessment, Geological Survey of Canada (Natural Resources Canada)
- 2015 - 2016: Research Fellow, University of Calgary, Canada
- 2015 - 2015: Principal Exploration Geologist - Unconventional, Statoil
- 2014 - 2015: Principal Exploration Geologist - Conventional Offshore, Statoil
- 2011-2014: Principal Research Geologist - Heavy Oil Technology Centre, Statoil
- 2006 - 2011: Staff Geologist, Nexen Inc. Calgary, Canada
- 2004 - 2006: Petroleum Geologist, Shell, Calgary, Canada
- 2000 - 2004: Geologist, Shell, Fort McMurray, Canada
- 1997 - 2000: Geologist, TIH Consulting, Calgary, Canada
- 1994 - 1997: Mine Geologist, Magnochrom, Uzice, Serbia
- 1993 - 1994: Geologist, Naftagas (State Oil Company), Serbia
- Excellence in Science Award (team award) by Natural Resources Canada Lands and Mineral Sector, 2019
- The Best Oral Presentation, GeoConvention 2016, selected out from 360 presented talks: A Virtual McMurray Formation Outcrop Tour – An Evolving Tool for Characterizing Oil Sands Reservoirs and Creating Realistic Geomodels
- CSPG Distinguished Lecturer – Eastern Canada Lecture Tour, 2017
- CSPG Medal of Merit awarded annually for the best paper published during the previous year on a subject related to the petroleum geology of Canada, 2012
- CSPG Medal of Merit – Honorable Mention, 2010
- Advancing petroleum exploration and development concepts based on 5G approach: Geology, Geophysics (qualitative), Geochemistry, Geomodeling, and Geomicrobiology.
- Clastic Sedimentology (modern, outcrop, and subsurface)
Visit my Research Gate page
Please visit my Research-Gate page: https://www.researchgate.net/
- Fustic, M., R. Strobl, M. Fowler, B. Jablonski, and A.W. Martinius, 2019, Impact of Reservoir Heterogeneity on Oil Migration and the Origin of Oil-Water Contacts: McMurray Formation Type Section, Alberta, Canada, Marine and Petroleum Geology. p. 216-230.
- Fustic, M., R. Strobl, M. Ghinassi, and Zhang S., Unsuccessful cut offs - origin and partial preservation of enigmatic channels encased within a large-scale point bar deposit with Implications to Reservoir Developments, The McMurray Formation Type Section, Alberta, Canada, 2018, In, Fluvial Meanders and Their Sedimentary Products in the Rock Record (IAS SP 48), Eds. Massimiliano Ghinassi, Luca Colombera, Nigel Mountney and Arnold Jan H. Reesink; International Association of Sedimentologists, John Wiley & Sons Ltd.; p. 321-347.
- Fustic M., Atkins, E., Hanna M., and Lister C., 2018, Qualitative Assessment of Petroleum Potential South-Central Arctic Archipelago, Geological Survey of Canada Open File Report, p-36.
- Hein F., Fustic M., P.Hackley, W. A., Ambrose, J.S., Mead, T.Bata, S. Schamel, R.Ibatulin, B. Cardott, J.C., Pashin, U. Hammes, and D. Rokosh, 2018, Unconventional Energy Resources: 2017 Review, Natural Resources Research, DOI: 10.1007/s11053-018-9432-1
- Ferguson, R., King, H.M., Kublik, K., Rohr, K.M.M., Kung, L., Lister, C.J., Fustic, M., Hayward, N., Brent, T.A., Jassim, Y., 2018. Petroleum, mineral, and other resource potential in the offshore Pacific, British Columbia, Canada; Geological Survey of Canada, Open File 8390, 82 p. https://doi.org/10.4095/308395
- Martinius, W.A., M. Fustic, D.L. Garner, B.V.J. Jablonski, R.S. Strobl, J.A. MacEachern, S.E. Dashtgard, Reservoir characterization and multiscale heterogeneity modelling of inclined heterolithic strata formed by point bar rotation and relocation (McMurray Formation, Corner, Alberta), Marine and Petroleum Geology. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2017.02.003
- Hubert, C., and M. Fustic, 2017, Microbialy Influenced Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (Mi-SAGD), application number WO 2017049404 A1. (http://www.google.com/patents/WO2017049404A1?cl=en ).
- Atkins E, Fustic M., Hanna M., and Lister C., 2017, Qualitative Assessment of Petroleum Potential in Lancaster Sound Region, Geological Survey of Canada Open File Report 8297, p. 22. https://doi.org/10.4095/305321
- Ghinassi,M., A. Ielpi, M. Aldinucci, and M. Fustic, 2016, Downstream-migrating fluvial point bars in the rock record, Sedimentary Geology, p. 66-96, doi:10.1016/j.sedgeo.2016.01.005
- Martinius, W. A., B.J.V. Jablonski,M. Fustic, R. Strobl, and J. H. Van der Berg, 2015, Fluvial to tidal transition zone facies in the McMurray Formation (Christina River, Alberta, Canada), with emphasis on the reflection of flow intensity in bottomset architecture, In. Developments in Sedimentology, Fluvial-Tidal Sedimentology, Eds. Philip J. Ashworth, James L. Best, Daniel R. Parsons, Elsevier, p. 445-480. doi:10.1016/B978-0-444-63529-7.00019-5
- Fustic, M., R. Strobl, B. Jablonski, Go Take a Hike – MacKay River Gauging Station near Ft. MacKay, AB, 2014, Reservoir, p. 25-27.
- Fustic, M., B. Bennett, H. Huang, T. Oldenburg, S.R. Hubbard, and S. Larter, 2013, Impact of oil-water contacts, reservoir (dis)continuity, and reservoir characteristics on spatial distribution of water, gas, and high-water – low-bitumen saturated zones and variability of bitumen properties in Athabasca oil sands deposits, In. “Heavy Oil/Bitumen Petroleum Systems in Alberta & Beyond”, Eds. F. J. Hein, J. Sutter, D. A. Leckie, and S. Larter, AAPG Memoir, p. 163-205.
- Fustic, M., D. Cadiou, D. Thurston, A. Al-Dliwe, and D.A. Leckie, 2013, Reservoir modeling by constraining stochastic simulation to deterministically interpreted three-dimensional geobodies: Case study from Lower Cretaceous McMurray Formation, Long Lake steam-assisted gravity drainage project, Northeast Alberta, Canada, in F. J. Hein, D. Leckie, S. Larter, and J. R. Suter, eds., Heavy oil and oil sand petroleum systems in Alberta and beyond: AAPG Studies in Geology 64, p. 565 – 604
- Fustic, M., B. Bennett, H. Huang, and S. Larter, 2012, Differential entrapment of charged oil – New insights on McMurray Formation oil trapping mechanisms, Marine and Petroleum Geology, v. 36, p. 50-69.
- Fustic, M., S.R. Hubbard, R. Spencer, D.G. Smith, D.A. Leckie, B. Bennett, and S. Larter, 2012, Recognition of down-valley translation in tidally influenced meandering fluvial deposits, Athabasca Oil Sands (Cretaceous), Alberta, Canada, Marine and Petroleum Geology, v. 29, p. 219-232.
- Fustic, M., B. Bennett, J.J. Adams, H. Huang, B. MacFarlene, D.A. Leckie and S. Larter, 2011, Bitumen and Heavy Oil Geochemistry: a tool for distinguishing barriers from baffles in oil sands reservoirs, Bulletin of Canadian Petroleum Geology, v. 5, p. 295-316.
- Hubert C., T.P.B. Oldenburg, M. Fustic, N.D. Gray, S.R. Larter, A.K. Rowan, R. Seshadri, A. Sherry, R. Swainsbury, G. Voordouw, J.K. Voordouw, and I.M. Head, 2011, Massive dominance of Epsilonproteobacteria in formation waters from heavily biodegraded Canadian oil sands, Journal of Microbiology, p. 387-404. (DOI: 10.1111/j.1462-2920.2011.02521.x).
- Hubbard, M. S., D.G. Smith, H. Nielsen, D.A. Leckie, M. Fustic, R.J. Spencer, and L. Bloom, 2011, Seismic Geomorphology and Sedimentology of a Tidally Influenced River Deposit, Lower Cretaceous Athabasca Oil Sands, Alberta, Canada, AAPG Bulletin, p. 1123-1145.
- Smith, G. D., S.M. Hubbard, J. Lavigne, D.A. Leckie, and M. Fustic, 2011, Stratigraphy of Counter Point Bar and Eddy Accretion Deposits in Low Energy Meander Belts of the Peace-Athabasca Delta (PAD), Northeast Alberta, Canada, SEPM Special Publication 97, 2011, p. 143-152.
- Oldenburg, T.B.P., S.R. Larter, J.J. Adams, K.A. Rowan, A. Brown, I.M. Head, A.A. Grigoriyan, G. Voordouw, M. Fustic, and C. Hubert, C., 2009, Methods for recovery of microorganisms and intact microbial polar lipids (IPLs) from oil-water mixtures –lab experiments and natural well-head fluids, Analytical Chemistry, v. 81, p 4130–4136.
- Smith, D.G., S.M. Hubbard, D.A. Leckie and M. Fustic, 2009, Counter Point Bars in Modern Meandering Rivers: Recognition of Morphology, Lithofacies and Reservoir Significance, Examples from Peace River, AB, Canada, Sedimentology, v. 56, p. 1655–1669.
- Fustic, M., L. Skulski, D. Vanhooren, P. Bessette, D. Hinks, L. Bellman, and D.A. Leckie, 2008, Data Integration Improves Geological Mapping and Reservoir Characterization of Oil Sands Reservoir, World Oil Magazine, vol. 229, No. 10, p. 117-122.
- Bennett, B., M. Fustic, P. Farrimond, H. Huang, and S.R. Larter, 2007, “25-Norhopanes: Formation during biodegradation of petroleum in the subsurface”, Organic Geochemistry, Organic Geochemistry, v. 37, p. 787-797.
- Fustic, M. 2007, Stratigraphic Dip Analysis – A Novel Application for Detailed Geological Modeling of Point Bars, and Predicting Bitumen Grade, McMurray Formation, Muskeg River Mine, Northeast Alberta, Natural Resources Research, Vol. 16, No. 1, p. 31-43.
Please visit my Research-Gate page: https://www.researchgate.net/
Dr. Emil Bayramov
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone : +7 (7172) 706372
- 2018 to date, Habilitation in Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies, Technical University of Berlin (TU Berlin), Germany
- 2016-2017, Fulbright Postdoctoral Scientific Scholar in Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies, American University of Technology, Faculty of Environmental Science, USA
- 2009-2013, Ph.D. in Natural Sciences (Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies), Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden), Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Institute for Cartography, Germany
- 2007-2009, M.Sc. in Geographical Information Science; Lund University, Department of Physical Geography & Ecosystem Science, Sweden
- 2007-2008, Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow (Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies); Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Urban Studies & Planning, USA, Leadership and Professional Certification awarded by the President of the United States and MIT
- Pre-academic Development of Academic and Scientific Research Skills and Professional English, University of Oregon (United States)
- 2003-2006, M.Sc. in Geography (Specialization: Landscape Sciences) (Honor), Baku State University, Faculty of Physical Geography, Azerbaijan
- 1998-2003, B.Sc. in Physical Geography (Honor), Baku State University, Faculty of Physical Geography, Azerbaijan
- 2019 to date: Assistant Professor in Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies, School of Mining and Geosciences, Nazarbayev University, Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- 2015 to date: Senior Geospatial Information Specialist, BP Oil and Gas Company (Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey Region); Additional Responsibility: GIS Technical Specialist of AGT Region Emergency Response & Crisis Management and Global Mutual Response Teams
- 2008 to 2015: Geographical Information Systems Coordinator, BP Oil and Gas Company (Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey Region); Additional Responsibility: GIS Technical Specialist of AGT Region Emergency Response & Crisis Management and Global Mutual Response Teams
- 2018 to date, Geospatial Data Specialist with Expertise in Biodiversity Conservation, Natural Resource Management and Sustainable Development, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Global Vetted Expert Roster
- 2016-2017, Fulbright Postdoctoral Visiting Scholar and Lecturer in Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies, American University Washington DC, USA
- 2013-2017, Postdoctoral Scientist in Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
- 2006 to date, Visiting Lecturer and Senior Scientific Researcher in Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies, Geography Institute of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, Centre of the Caspian Sea Problems, Azerbaijan
- 2007-2008, Hubert H. Humphrey Professional Leadership Fellow (Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies applied for Urban and Regional Planning), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University (Centre of Geographic Analysis), USA
- 2017-2018, Visiting Lecturer and Scientific Researcher (Consultancy in Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies), German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) and Baku State University, Azerbaijan
- 2013-2015, Geospatial and Remote Sensing Consultant, Azercosmos (Azerbaijan Space Agency, Satellite Operator in Caucasus) and Airbus Defence & Space
- 2003-2007, Geographical Information Systems Senior Specialist, Department of GIS / Engineering, RISK Scientific Production Company, Azerbaijan
- 1999-2003, GIS and Remote Sensing Specialist, State Aero Geodesy Enterprise of the State Committee on Land and Cartography, Azerbaijan
- Journal of Operational Oceanography 2018 Denny Medal from IMAREST from UK, 2019 (London)
- Fulbright Visiting Postdoctoral Scholar in Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies 2016 (US Department of State)
- US Department Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2007-2008 for one year Academic and Professional Development in the field of GIS/Urban and Regional Planning at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Chartered Remote Sensing Professional, Canadian Institute of Geomatics (CIG) (11/2017)
- Chartered Geographer (GIS) status for Royal Geographic Society (RGS) (03/10/2011)
- Research Award from the World Federation of Scientists 2007-2008
- Travel Award for the UN/India Workshop on the Use of Earth Observation Data in Disaster Management and Risk Reduction: Sharing the Asian Experience, 8-10 March 2016, Hyderabad, India
- UNOOSA Travel Award for the participation at United Nations/Belarus Workshop on Space Technology Applications for Socio-Economic Benefits (11-15 November 2013, Minsk, Belarus)
- European Space Agency Travel Award for Earth Observation for Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions Science (28 October 2014 - 31 October 2014, Frascati, Italy)
- NATO Advanced Study Institute on Energy Security Travel Award (October 4-11, 2015), Antalya, Turkey
- NISA – NATO International Summer Session School of (June 27-July 1, 2016), Baku, Azerbaijan
- NISA – NATO International Winter Session School of Cyber Security (January 11-15), Baku, Azerbaijan
- Travel Funding for attendance of GIST Startup Training, April 20-23, 2019 in Tbilisi, Georgia
- ISPRS Geospatial Week Travel Award 2015, La Grande Motte, France
- 6th International Summer School in Radar/SAR at Fraunhofer FHR (4-11, July 2014)
- Bursary from Royal Geographical Society for attendance of GISRUK 2012
- Geospatial and Remote Sensing Technologies
- Geological and Geotechnical Hazards & Risk Assessment
- Natural Resources Management
- Environmental Modeling and Analysis
- Quantitative and Qualitative Risk Management of Marine and Onshore Petroleum and Gas Industry
- Marine and Inland Oil Spill Response and Disaster Management
- Geological Remote Sensing
- Coastal Mapping of Environmental and Social Sensitivities
- Protection of Critical Energy Infrastructure and Energy Security
- Land Use Land Cover Modeling and Change Detection
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Water Resources Management
- Environmental and Social Management
- Geospatial Big Data Analytics and Data Science
- Natural Hazards and Disaster Management
- Bayramov E., Buchroithner M., Kada M. (2020). Quantitative Assessment of Ground Deformations for the Risk Management of Petroleum and GasPipelines Using Radar Interferometry. Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 11(1): 2540-2568
- Bayramov E., Buchroithner M., Kada M. (2020). Radar Remote Sensing to Supplement Pipeline Surveillance Programs through Measurements of Surface Deformations and Identification of Geohazard Risks. Remote Sensing. 2020, 12(23), 3934.
- Bayramov E., Buchroithner M., Kada M. & Bayramov R. (2020): Quantitative assessment of ground deformation risks, controlling factors and movement trends for onshore petroleum and gas industry using satellite radar remote sensing and spatial statistics, Georisk: Assessment and Management of Risk for Engineered Systems and Geohazards (https://doi.org/10.1080/17499518.2020.1806334)
- Bayramov E., Schlager P., Kada M., Buchroithner M., Bayramov R. (2019). Quantitative assessment of climate change impacts onto predicted erosion risks and their spatial distribution within the landcover classes of the Southern Caucasus using GIS and remote sensing. Model. Earth Syst. Environ., 5: 659
- Bayramov E., Davis J. et al. (2019). Space Unmanned Air Systems Support the Optimization of Exploration and Reservoir Development Activities in AGT Region, Proceeding of SPE Annual Caspian Technical Conference, 2019. SPE-198412-RU.
- Bayramov E., Knee K., KadaM. & BuchroithnerM. (2018). Using multiple satellite observations to quantitatively assess and model oil pollution and predict risks and consequences to shoreline from oil platforms in the Caspian Sea, Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal, 24:6, 1501-1514
- Bayramov E., Kada M. & Buchroithner M. (2018) Monitoring oil spill hotspots, contamination probability modelling and assessment of coastal impacts in the Caspian Sea using SENTINEL-1, LANDSAT-8, RADARSAT, ENVISAT and ERS satellite sensors, Journal of Operational Oceanography, 11:1, 27-43
- Bayramov E., Buchroithner M., Bayramov R. (2016). Quantitative assessment of 2014–2015 land-cover changes in Azerbaijan using object-based classification of LANDSAT-8 timeseries. Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, 2:35
- Bayramov, E., Buchroithner, M., and Bayramov, R. (2016). Multi-temporal assessment of ground cover restoration and soil erosion risks along petroleum & gas pipelines in Azerbaijan using GIS and Remote Sensing. Environmental Earth Sciences. 75:256
- Bayramov E., Buchroithner M. (2016): Modelling of oil spill frequency, leak sources and contamination probability in the Caspian Sea using multi-temporal SAR images 2006–2010 and stochastic modelling, Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 7:3, 1175-1197
- Bayramov, E., Buchroithner, M. F. (2014). Detection of oil spill frequency and leak sources around the Oil Rocks Settlement, Chilov and Pirallahi Islands in the Caspian Sea using multi-temporal ENVISAT radar satellite images 2009-2010. Environmental Earth Sciences. (73)7: 3611-3621
- Bayramov, E., Buchroithner, M., and McGurty, E. (2013). Differences of MMF and USLE Models for Soil Loss Prediction along BTC and SCP Pipelines. Journal of Pipeline Systems Engineering and Practice, 4(1), 81–96
- Bayramov, E., Buchroithner, M. (2014). Monitoring of Vegetation and Soil Erosion Prediction along Pipelines. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. pp. 148.
- Bayramov E. R. (2013). Quantitative Assessment of Vegetation Renaturation and Soil Degradation and their Control by Climate and Ground Factors along Rights-of-Way of Petroleum/Gas Pipelines, Azerbaijan. PhD Dissertation. Dresden University of Technology. Dresden, Germany
- Bayramov, E., Buchroithner, M. &McGurty, E. (2012): Prediction reliability, quantitative differences and spatial variations of erosion models for long-range petroleum and gas infrastructure. Georisk: Assessment and Management of Risk for Engineered Systems and Geohazards, 6(4): 252-272
- Bayramov, E., Buchroithner, M. F. &McGurty, E. (2012). Determination of main climate and ground factors controlling vegetation cover regrowth along oil and gas pipelines using multiple, spatial and geographically weighted regression procedures. Environmental Earth Sciences, 66:2047–2062
- Bayramov, E., Buchroithner, M. &McGurty, E. (2012). Quantitative assessment of vegetation cover and soil degradation factors within terrain units for planning, monitoring and assessment of renaturation along oil and gas pipelines. Geocarto International, 27(7):535-555
- de Leeuw J., Rizayeva A., Namazov E., Bayramov E., Marshall M. T., Etzold J., Neudert R. (2019). International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 78: 66-76
- Bayramov E. R. (2009). Environmental Monitoring of Bio-Restoration activities using GIS and Remote Sensing. MSc Dissertation. Lund University. Lund, Sweden
Dr. Manhal Sirat
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD Structural Geology, Uppsala University, Sweden, 1999.
- MSc. Structural Geology, Uppsala University, Sweden, 1997.
- M.Sc. (Honors) Geology, University of Baghdad, Iraq, 1982.
- 2020 to date: Associate Professor of Geology, School of Mining and Geosciences, Nazarbayev University, Astana, Kazakhstan
- 2018 – 2020: Founder and CEO of Geosolutions Consultancy, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2016 – 2018: Geotechnical Expert, Research and Development/ Business Strategy at Vattenfall AB, Sweden
- 2013 – 2016: Adjunct Associate Professor at Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (currently Khalifa University), Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2010 – 2016: Geomechanics and Structural Geology Expert and R&D Principal Researcher, Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Operations, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2009 – 2010: Principal Geomechanics/Structural Geologist, Schlumberger Middle East and Asia, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2008 – 2009: Senior Geomechanics Engineer/ Schlumberger Oil- Field Services, Al-Ahmadi, Kuwait
- 2006 – 2008: Project Manager for Faults and Fractures Characterization and Modeling in the Petroleum Institute (PI), and Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2004 – 2008: Assistant Professor at the Petroleum Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2003 – 2004: Visiting Researcher at the Department of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, RWTH University of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
- 2001 – 2003: Director of the Dead Sea Studies Center, and Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Engineering, Philadelphia
University, Amman, Jordan
- 2000 – 2001: Post-Doctoral Fellow, at Department of Civil Engineering, University of Hawaii at Mãnoa, Hawaii, USA
- 1999 – 2000: Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Department of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- 1994 – 1999: Ph.D. Scholar at the Department of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- 1993 – 1994: Research Assistant at the Department of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- 1990 – 1991: Engineering Manager of the Bamarni Airport Project Laboratory, NCCL-Duhok, Iraq
- 1989 – 1990: Head of Soil Mechanics Department at Badush dam project, Mosul, Iraq
- 1987–1989: Engineering Geologist & Geotechnical Engineer at NCCL, Mosul, Iraq
- M. M. Sassi, M. Sirat, I. A. Saadat, R.K. Abu Al-Rub, (2020). Self-Powered Microsensors for In-Situ Spatial and Temporal Measurements and Methods of Using Same in Hydraulic Fracturing. United States Patent No. US 10,880,625, Dec. 29, 2020.
- 2. A. Noufal, B. Ateeq, K. Al Amari, R. Masoud, M. Al Gohary, M. Sirat, A.-P. Bois, H. Dadouche, D. Kpatta, M. Mohajerani. (2017). Innovative Testing for Potential Compaction of Heterogeneous Carbonate Reservoir in A Giant Field, Abu Dhabi, UAE. SPE-186020, 12p.
- Sirat, M., Al-Aasm, I.S., Morad, S., Aldahan, A., Al-Jallad O. and Ceriani, A., Morad, D; Mansurbeg, H., Al Suwaidi, A., (2016). Saddle Dolomite and Calcite Cements as Records of Fluid Flow During Basin Evolution: Paleogene Carbonates, United Arab Emirates. Journal of Marine and Petroleum Geology, 74, pp. 1–21.
- Paganoni, M.; A. Al Harthi; D. Morad; S. Morad; A. Ceriani; H. Mansurbeg; A. Al Suwaidi; I. S Al-Aasm; S. N Ehrenberg; M. Sirat. (2016). Impact of stylolitization on diagenesis of a Lower Cretaceous carbonate reservoir from a giant oilfield, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Sedimentary Geology, 335, pp. 70–92.
- Al Harethi A., S. Morad, A. Ceriani, M. Paganoni, D. Morad, H. Mansurbeg, I. S. Al-Aasm, A. Al Suwaidi, M. Sirat. (2016). Origin and evolution of microporosity in packstones and grainstones in a Lower Cretaceous carbonate reservoir, United Arab Emirates. (Accepted in Reservoir Quality of Clastic and Carbonate Rocks: Analysis, Modelling and Prediction, Special Publication, geological Society of London).
- Paganoni, M., A. Al-Harithi, S. Morad, A. Ceriani, D. Morad, I.Al-Asam and M. Sirat. (2015). Impact of stylolitization ondiagenesis and reservoir quality: A case study from an Early Cretaceous reservoir in a giant oilfield, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. SPE-177944, 20p.
- Syofyan, S., M. Sirat, R. Kumar, S. Bin Sumaida, A.L. El-Gazar, A.A. Salahuddin, X. Zhang, A. Vantala, Y. Chen and A. Akbari. (2015). Stimulation Feasibility Study Based on 3D Geomechanical Modelling on Thin and Tight Reservoir with Thin Cap Rock. SPE- 177657, 20p.
- Sirat, M. (2015). Regional Stress Rotation in Arabia; Implications for Hydrocarbon E&P in Abu Dhabi. SPE-175604, 15p.
- Mohamed, R., X. Zhang, O. Fadipe, O. Djuraev, A. MacGregor, A.M. Bouhlel, N. Koutsabeloulis, A. Noufal, M. Sirat and D-M. Popa. (2015). Prediction of Carbonate Reservoirs Pore Pressure and Porosity in Onshore Abu Dhabi Using Petroleum Systems Modeling Technology. SPE- 177603, 17p.
- Sirat, M., A. Noufal, J. Simon, X. Zhang and S.K. Subbiah. (2015). Geomechanical Heterogeneity Diagnosis of Carbonate Reservoirs in Onshore Abu Dhabi. SPE-177569, 16p.
- Noufal, A., M. Sirat, S. Steiner J. Minton, O. Trubienko, X. Zhang and N. Koutsabeloulis. (2015). Estimates of In Situ Stress and Faults/Fractures in Carbonate Reservoirs in Onshore Abu Dhabi Using Geomechanical Forward Modeling. SPE-177520, 11p.
- Koyi, H., Sirat, M. and Morad, D. (2015). Analogue Modeling of Shah Structure in Abu Dhabi; Mode and Structural Evolution. SPE-177446, 9p.
- Sirat, M. and H. Koyi. (2015). Predicting the Fracture System in Shah Structure in Onshore Abu Dhabi Using Analogue Modeling Approach. SPE-177420, 12p.
- Sirat, M. and A. Noufal (2015). Detection of Bedding Corridors from Open-Hole Logs in Vertical Wells and Their Impact on Geomechanical Assessment. SPE-175603, 12p.
- Sirat, M., Mujahed Ahmed and Xing Zhang. (2015). Predicting Hydraulic Fracturing in a Carbonate Gas Reservoir in Abu Dhabi Using 1D Mechanical Earth Model: Uncertainty and Constraints. SPE-172942, 10p.
- Sirat, M., Shinde, A.L., Al Naeimi, R., Perumalla, S.V. (2014). Fault Seal Assessment of a Faulted Carbonate reservoir in Abu Dhabi Using 3D Geomechanical Characterisation. IPTC-18225, 15p.
- Sirat, M., Al Ammari, K., and Masoud, R., Zhang, X., Chen, Y. and Povstyanova, M. (2014). Prediction of Reservoir Formation Collapse in a Carbonate Gas Field in Abu Dhabi UAE Using Coupled Reservoir Geomechanical Modeling. SPE-171993, 8p.
- Sirat, M., Zhang, X., Simon, J., Vantala, A., Povstyanova, M. (2014). Mechanical Layering: Implication for Hydraulic Fracturing in Unconventional Plays in a Tight Carbonate Field in Abu Dhabi, UAE. SPE-167738, 9p.
- Sirat, M., Ihab, T., Zhang, X., Xi, G., Ni, Q. and Mohamad-Hussein, A. (2014). Implications and Constrains of Natural Fracture Network Modeling in a Carbonate Reservoir of Abu Dhabi. IPTC 17593, 12p.
- Sirat, M., E. Sembiring, M.I. Al-Hammadi, B. Baguenane and A. Elbekshi (2013). Fracture System in Carbonate Reservoirs of Abu Dhabi, UAE: Implications for Field Development. SPE-166013, 12p.
- Abdul Rehman, A.S., A. Kumar; R. Bejaoui, N. Nazarbayev, M.Shuaib, M. Sirat, M. Singh, T. Al-Dayyani (2012). Value of Well Test in the determination and characterization of NaturalFractured Reservoir Properties in Large Onshore Abu Dhabi Carbonate Field, SPE-162356, 10p.
- Sirat, M., T. Al-Dayyani, M. Singh, A.S. Abdul Rehman, N.O. Al- Zaabi, S.L. Mahmoud, M. Shuaib and M. Moge (2012). Characterization and Modeling of Fractures in Large Onshore Abu Dhabi Carbonate Field. SPE-162342, 14p.
- Sirat, M., H. Koyi, S.L. Mahmoud and D.-M. Popa (2012). Conceptual Structural Model of an Onshore Carbonate Hydrocarbon Field in Abu Dhabi: Constraints and Implication. SPE-161544, 10p.
- Sirat, M. (2012). Neural Networks Assessment of Groundwater Contamination of United States Mid-Continent. Arab. J. Geosci., V. 2, No. 2. P. 3149–3160.
- Morad, S., M Sirat, M.A.K. El-Ghali, H. Mansurbeg, (2011). Chloritization in Proterozoic granite from the Äspö Laboratory, southeastern Sweden: record of hydrothermal alterations and implications for nuclear waste storage. Clay minerals 46 (3), 495- 513.
- Morad, S., Sirat, M., Caja, M.A., and Al-Ramadan K. (2011). Chemical and textural variations of chlorite in Proterozoic granitic rocks from SE Sweden. Journal of Clay Minerals, V. 46, p. 495–513.
- Morad, S., Al-Aasam, I., Sirat, M. and Sattar, M.M. (2010). Vein Calcite in Cretaceous Carbonate Reservoirs of Abu Dhabi: Record of Origin of Fluids and Diagenetic Conditions. J. Geochemical Exploration, 106, p. 156–170. Morad, S. El-Ghali, M.A.K. Caja, M.A., Sirat, M., Al-Ramadan, K. and Mansurbeg, H., (2009). Hydrothermal alteration of plagioclase in granitic rocks from Proterozoic basement of SE Sweden. Geological Journal, 44, no. 1, pp. 105–116.
- El-Ghali M.A.K., Morad, S., Mansurbeg, H., Caja, M. A., Ajdanlijsky, G., Ogle, N., Al-Aasm, I., Sirat, M., (2009). Distribution of diagenetic alterations within depositional facies and sequence stratigraphic framework of fluvial sandstones: Evidence from the Petrohan Terrigenous Group, Lower Triassic, NW Bulgaria. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 26, pp. 289–309.
- El-Ghali, M.A.K., Morad, S., Mansurbeg, H., Caja, M.A., Sirat, M. and Ogle, N., (2009). Diagenetic alterations related to marine 6 transgression and regression in fluvial and shallow marine sandstones of the Triassic Buntsandstein and Keuper sequence, the Paris Basin, France. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 26, pp. 1212–1227.
- Ali, M.Y., Sirat, M. and Small J., (2009). Integrated gravity and seismic investigation over the Jabal Hafit structure: Implications for basement configuration of the frontal fold and thrust belt of the Northern Oman Mountains. Journal of Petroleum Geology, Vol. 32(1), pp. 1–18.
- Ali. M.Y., Sirat, M. and Small, J., (2008) Geophysical investigation of Al Jaww plain, eastern Abu Dhabi: Implications for structure and evolution of the frontal fold belts of Oman Mountains. GeoArabia, Vol. 13, No. 2. pp. 91–118.
- Sirat, M., Salman, M.S. and Bella, S., (2007). Fracturing Mechanism and Fracture Systems Analysis of Fractured Carbonate Reservoir from Abu Dhabi–UAE. SPE-111397, 9p.34.
- Sirat, M., (2004). Block Tilting at the Äspö HRL, SE-Sweden; Structural and Neural Networks Analyses. Mitteilungen zur Ingeniergeologie und Hydrogeologie, No. 88, pp. 45–80.
- Sirat, M. and Aldahan A., (2004). Applying artificial neural networks to predict Quaternary paleoclimate from the Arctic Ocean Sediments. Mitteilungen zur Ingeniergeologie und Hydrogeologie, No. 88, pp. 27–43.
- Talbot, C.J. and Sirat, M., (2001). Stress Control of Hydraulic Conductivity in Fracture-Saturated Swedish Bedrock. Engineering Geology, 61, pp. 145–153.
- Sirat, M. and Talbot, C.J., (2001). Application of Artificial Neural Networks to Fracture Analysis at the Äspö HRL, SE-Sweden: Fracture Sets Classification. Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 38, pp. 621–639.